The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince just launched, so here’s a spoiler-free walkthrough for achievements and 100% completion! I loved the game (impressions video here) so I figured I’d help others enjoy it as well!
The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince Game Info
Title: The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince
Platform: Nintendo Switch, PS4
Language: English, Japanese
Release date: 2019-02-12 (English)
Developer: Nippon Ichi Software, localized by NIS America
Price: $40 at launch
2019-02-14: Walkthroughs for Full Moon with the Prince, Chapter 5 and final boss added! Walkthrough complete!
2019-02-13: Chapter 4 walkthrough added. Added most enemy info.
2019-02-12: The game is released! The PS4 theme is free today
- First and foremost, this is not a “Guide Dang It” game! Don’t worry about missables (there are none) and you should be able to beat most of the game without a guide, so try your best and come back if you get stuck or need something specific
- You don’t have to complete a level/survive to keep Collectibles. If you touch a Petal or give a Flower to the prince, it’s saved even if you leave the stage
- Try clearing a path of enemies before taking the prince along when possible
- For Pacifist challenges, jump over small enemies in the way and you’ll usually be able to avoid them. Sometimes you have to be patient to wait for opportune enemy placement.
- For Speed challenges, making a clean run through a level without any KOs or major mistakes is usually enough. You’ll usually be good on these your second playthrough if you remember what to do.
- Mushrooms cary your momentum from when you jump; press jump after moving in a direction to jump much farther in that direction. It’s much harder to change course mid-jump
- Drop gingerly off ledges with mushrooms below; it’s pretty easy to take fall damage from some of the spots
- In certain circumstances, you may need to select Retry from the menu to return to your last checkpoint if you’re permanently separated from the prince or otherwise mess up a puzzle. Don’t worry, it doesn’t restart the whole level, just the checkpoint
- If you’re really, really stuck, you can skip stages after 10 minutes (but there’s a walkthrough below, so you shouldn’t get stuck that long…)
Walkthrough (Spoiler Free)
Here you’ll find video walkthroughs of every level in the game with all story cutscenes removed, so no spoilers! Click the links to skip right to the relevant level or use the embed to see the whole chapter. I’ve also noted which levels have achievements specific to them.
Each level has 5 Petals to collect and some have one Flower; see the Stage Select menu in the game to see which you’re missing from which stages. I recommend a full playthrough before going back to re-collect Petals, you can do it at any time so no rush, and it’s more fun if you try to figure out the puzzles at least once yourself.
The Forest of No Entry
- Dappled Sunlight Trail
- Pacifist Achievement
- Radiant Floral Colony
- Sleeping Turtle’s Nest
- Hanging Moss Curtain
- Has Flower
- Speed Achievement
Full walkthrough video: