Genshin Impact’s PS4 version has created a LOT of questions after my Link Accounts Guide so I thought I’d make a single neat guide to answer all of them in one go.
Update 2020-11-11: Redeems can now be made in-game, so PS4 can finally redeem codes
What’s Different in Genshin Impact PS4?
To put it quickly:
- The base game is the same, all areas, quests, single player features are the same
- PS4 players get an exclusive Wing Glider skin
- You can add friends and play Co Op with them from any platform if they are in the same region, even PC/Mobile
- The graphics are set, and loading times are a bit longer than other versions. On the flip side, you don’t have to worry about tweaking settings, it runs the same on every PS4
- It does appear to target 4K on PS4 Pro
- The PS4 version has Trophies
- You cannot redeem Codes from Genshin.MiHoYo.com on PS4 or log on to it
- You can however redeem codes those same promo codes from the Settings > User Center menu
- You cannot log into PS4 accounts on PC or Mobile. There is NO cross save of any kind with PS4
- There is no account linking features of any kind, your PSN account IS your Genshin Impact account
- Your region is your PSN account region
- You cannot delete your PS4 account of Genshin Impact by any means
How do I Create an Account on PS4?
You just turn on your PS4 log into your PSN account (you are almost certainly already logged in) and start the game. Your Genshin Impact account IS your Playstation Network account, and it is impossible to separate, delete, link, or unlink.
How Do I Play on PC or Mobile with my PS4 Account?
You can’t. MiHoYo officially stated due to PSN infrastructure incompatibilities, PS4 accounts are not Cross Save. If you want to play on PC and Mobile you’ll need a separate account, I recommend just picking a platform and sticking with it.
How Do I Change Region On PS4?
You can’t. Region on PS4 is tied to your PSN account’s region.
How Do I Redeem Codes on PS4?
PS4 can redeem codes by using the Settings > User Center menu.
You cannot log into Genshin.MiHoYo.com or redeem gift codes from a PS4 account, use the User Center ingame instead. If you’re getting an “account error” message trying to log into the website, it’s because as far as mihoyo.com knows, that account does not exist.
Where Is the User Center to Link Accounts on PS4?
There is no User Center on PS4. There is no way to link or unlink accounts. There is nothing at all you can do about your account on the PS4 version, so the menu option is not there at all.
How Do I Play Co Op On PS4?
This is the one networking case here where PS4 Genshin Impact is exactly the same as other versions of Genshin Impact. Co Op is the exact same and as king as players are in the same server region as you, you can just play. You cannot change server region on any platform.
Will This Change?
MoHoYo specifically said the lack of PS4 cross save is due to “incompatibilities” with Playstation Network so the answer is almost certainly no.