Pokemon is a well-loved and super popular series, and players are always looking for more information and more to do in the franchise. With this short list of the best Pokemon bots for Discord, you and your server members can play Pokemon games right from your Discord app or tab, or quickly look up information without having to open Bulbapedia!
Update: Well, Pokecord shut down. Obviously, that reduces it’s status as a best discord bot. You’ll be missed. If you’re not the admin of your server, ask someone who is if you think a bot would be valuable to have.
Let me know about other great Pokemon Discord bots in the comments! There’s a whole bunch, so this isn’t meant to be exhaustive, just the easiest and most effective bots to toss on your server and immediately have a good time.
Best Informative Pokemon Discord Bots
Let’s be real here. There’s 890 Pokemon, and about as many Moves, Items and Abilities. These bots will help you keep things straight and figure out how the heck you evolve that Inkay.
Easily the best quick-reference Pokedex I’ve come across, named after everyone’s least-favorite-to-spell Pokemon Beheeyem. Get quick mainline game info on Pokemon, Abilities, Items, or Moves. No extra set up or weird permissions required, great for any server with Pokemon discussions going on.
Beheeyem even has spelling suggestions, making it useful for Pokecord players trying to sneak in a sly one.
Note: Images for this article are taken from official listings for these bots on their own homepage or top.gg Discord bot listing. Descriptions in images may be out of date and were written by the bots’ creators, not me.
- Best bot I’ve seen to get a quick overview of a pokemon and a link to Bulbapedia (and Smogon and PokemonDB if you prefer)
- Simple commands, all you need to remember is b.dex (pokemon) and b.help
- Spelling suggestions help for for children who can’t read good
- Website seems abandoned, though Gen 8 info is being added to the bot so it’s not dead yet
- Oddly narrow and specific set of commands
The least-common bot on this list, Professor Bellis is a pretty new bot that uniquely (as far as I’ve seen) has Pokemon Masters Sync Pair information. It also has a whole Pokemon Masters style game built into it too, though I actually added it to my server just to look up Sync Pairs since Beheeyem doesn’t do that.
- Info most other Pokemon bots lack
- Built in Pokemon Masters minigame you don’t have to whale for
- Pretty picky syntax
- For example @Professor Bellis help works instead of !help like the documentation suggests
- Everyone seems to have stopped playing Pokemon Masters already
Best Pokemon GO Bots
Pokemon GO is by far the most popular Pokemon side game, and due to it’s real world nature there’s a lot of complexities that bots can help out with. Due to my limited Pokemon GO experience I haven’t used them myself, but asked experienced Pokemon GO players what they use.
None of these bots violate Pokemon GO terms of service via disallowed automation, cheating, location emulation, etc.
If you have a larger Pokemon GO server it can be a hassle to arrange meet ups, report raids/spawns in specific areas. Meowth can help you coordinate and plan raids and more: