100% Orange Juice’s Co Op mode is criminally underrated and a great addition to this Steam board game. I’ll work more on expanding this guide later if you all find it interesting, but for now I’ve focused on who to use for which role.
A note, since you determine your cards and role, any character can fill any role. There’s just some characters that have notable advantages, and I’ve listed my personal favorites for all roles here. Let me know in the comments who your favorites to use are!
What Is 100% Orange Juice Co Op?
As a quick run-down, Co Op turns the normally free-for-all verus game of 100% Orange Juice into a more strategic and cooperative game where all 4 players (ideally) decide on which roles each player will play, which characters, and which cards they’ll bring.
Since everyone is working together instead of against each other, certain characters are more or less effective, and certain cards play differently in co op. Cards that serve only to harm other players for example are either removed or edited so that they impact the boss instead. For a list of card changes, see the Wiki, another great resource.
If that sounds too easy or boring, keep in mind all 4 players are working against a super overpowered boss with 50+ HP and an increasingly powerful set of special Boss Hyper Cards, some of which can instantly KO one or more players. If all players are KO’d at the same time, the players lose the round and the boss wins.
It completely changes the game and I can’t recommend 100% Orange Juice Co-Op enough. Join us in our Discord Server if you want to play with us, we play it very often and have a role you can ping to look for games.
Do note co op works much better with human players. Try online and remove your password before starting the game, even a rando is better than a CPU (they tend to waste your stars and do very little). I’ve encountered much less rude players playing co op online than VS mode, so don’t be shy to dip your toes in the pool. Or, again, join our discord!
Roles are half of what makes Co Op interesting: each player can pick one of 5 roles which have specific stat boosts (gaining extra stats at Norma level 2, 3, and/or 4), a special Hyper Card you can replace your character’s hyper with, and a Cooldown skill that helps you or your team out.
Proper use of roles is key to victory in Co Op, and you should coordinate your roles with your team before starting a round to ensure you have the right balance of attack and defense.
Here’s quick rundown of the roles, a much more thorough breakdown is in each roles section below:
Continue reading “100% Orange Juice Co op Roles Guide”
- Deal extra damage at the expense of gaining 1 REC, extending revive times. Always gets first turn attack against the boss.
- High defense stat and shield allies from damage. The only way to reduce incoming damage to 0 instead of 1.
- Revive allies and heal them by walking past them on the board, +1 Evade and +2 move through stat boosts.
- Extra HP and damage taken inside a battle is added to your attack for that battle. Revive instantly when certain powers are used to attack after a KO and avoid losing the match.
- Deal extra cards and pass them to other players, useful for spamming hypers or filling other players’ hands. Can also ignore a tile’s effect turning it into a Draw tile.